You tried re-booting, the first choice in solutions to all Windows problems?

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Thompson
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2022 2:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: HOD Keyboard weirdness

Hi all:

A few weeks ago at a client site, they force installed software
on end user computers (owned by the client) and since then I've
been having odd issues with HOD (Host on Demand - 3270 emulator).
Today, arrow keys are not working. And if you get into the
keyboard configuration system, you can click on "Search for a
key" and it will go to the line where that key is defined so you
know what HOD thinks it is for.

Well, the arrow keys stopped working. So these are supposedly
cursor movement keys. And striking one of them gets no response
(in HOD).

They do work outside of HOD>

Last time this happened it was the right "Alt" key being ignored
(which I have defined as <Reset>. I remap a keyboard to as much
as possible emulate a true 3270 keyboard. I rebooted, I reloaded,
and didn't make a difference. Someone had me reset the key, and
then it started working. No Joy today.

Right+ALT is behaving today. But not the arrow keys.

This seems to be something going on with Windows.

Any ideas of how to cure this thing (NO, I do not have the option
of running other than HOD).

Regards,
Steve Thompson