Shmuel Metz wrote:

>I'm editing the wikipedia [[Operating system]] article, and another editor

>has challenged the sentence "The logic manuals for their contemporary
>descendants,

>z/VM, z/VSE and z/VM, are not available to the general public."

Is that editor actually challenging you on your use of commas? :-) And did you
mean to repeat z/VM? I assume you meant z/OS.

If this statement or similar is so important here, what similar statement can
you make that you can back up with an acceptable source? Sometimes if you find
another way to write something it’ll be fine. Perhaps you could write something
like this:

“IBM publicly distributed ‘logic manuals’ that describe ancestors of today’s
z/VM, z/VSE, and z/OS operating systems.”

Then you link to those three logic manuals in your reference.

Also, z/TPF?

— — — — —
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cyber Security
IBM zSystems and LinuxONE
sipp...@sg.ibm.com