On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:30:29 -0700, Charles Mills  wrote:

>Specifically what I am trying to do is answer the question "is load module X
>in PDS Y.Z on box A binary equal to load module X in PDS Y.Z on box B?"
>without copying and comparing. I suspect the BLKSIZEs are the same so that
>may make the task easier (or prevent false negatives).

I once suggested that a co-worker with a similar requirement compare
AMBLIST outputs.  AMBLIST?  She had a rapid "Aha!' moment"
displacements differed -- macro level inconsistecy.

Checksum of TSO TRANSMIT output?  Bind into zFS program objects
and cksum?

Regardless, timestamps and headers are apt to bite you.

Nostalgia:  I recall a Mac OS (ISV?) utility that compared two
APPLs and generated a patch file.

--
gil