From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2022 8:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Checksum of "legacy" load module?

I apologize. Other things got in the way and I have not yet done this.

I recognize the great possibility of "false negatives": two load modules
could be functionally identical but checksum differently.

One might even quibble about the meaning of "functionally identical": if one
load module does LHI R0,0 and another does LA R0,0 are they functionally
identical? Most people would say they were, but obviously a checksum program
would (or should!) disagree.

Charles