From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Mike Schwab [mike.a.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 9:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Checksum of "legacy" load module?

A load module consists of some txt records, where the entry points and
external variables are deifined, then a short record followed by a
block of binary instruction in a multiple of 1K.  During copy /
compress / restore of a module, the binary machine code is regrouped
into different sized blocks that are multiple of 1K to fit into the
space available on that track (which is highly variable based on the
earlier contents of that load module library, and between the multiple
of 1K machine code blocks is a short block.  So if you ignore the
small blocks, and ignore the record boundaries of the big blocks, that
portion should be identical.  Then you might see some differences in
the TXT records at the start or in the binary machine code.  (order of
TXT item, time stamps, PTF levels),

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 12:15 AM Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> Is the output of an IEBCOPY COPYMOD equal to the input? The results of
>

> --
> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA