There is a bit in the Format 1 DSCB for the data set, DS1ENCRP, that is on
if the data set is encrypted.

MVS/QuickRef displays a YES or NO value for each data set in its DSNLIST
report. We get that from that bit in the F1 DSCB in the VTOC. You can get
that information without opening the data set.

Mike Shaw
MVS/QuickRef Support Group
Chicago-Soft, Ltd.