--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

W dniu 09.06.2022 o 13:35, Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw pisze:
I was under the impression that there is no technical requirement for the key
to be a secure key. So data encryption can be used with clear keys in the CKDS
when a Crypto Express is not available.

Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw
https://rsclweb.com
‘Dance like no one is watching. Encrypt like everyone is.’

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Mark Jacobs
Sent: 09 June 2022 01:48
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Encrypted dataset - any eye catcher?

I found this in a 2017 IBM Security presentation. So it looks like it's XTS-AES.

Key label: 64-byte label of an existing key in the ICSF CKDS used for access
method encryption/decryption. Encryption type: AES-256 bit data key (XTS,
protected key). Note: AES-256 key must be generated as a secure key (i.e.
protected by crypto express AES Master Key)

Mark Jacobs

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

GPG Public Key -
https://api.protonmail.ch/pks/lookup?op=get&search=markjac...@protonmail.com