On the MQ front, I >think< there are customers who are using QREP to do DB2
to DB2 using MQ as the transport, over 1000 KM and getting about 100MB+ of
data a second - with a few second or subsecond response time.  So to the
end user it looks like a single system rather than replicated.
The limits are the rate at which you can log to disk - about 200 MB a
second last time I was involved, and the capacity of the network.
I dont know abou Kafta, if it supports sysplex, and what it's throughput is
in similar scenarios.
If you want more throughput you create another queue manager, and get more
network capacity.
Colin