On 29/06/2022 8:48 pm, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Jun 29, 2022, at 06:37:39, Lionel B. Dyck <lbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some align the end with the do, others align the end with the code in the do
structure.  The key is a consistent style for readability.

The REXXFORM results of my example are:

/* rexx */
x = bpxwunix('find /u/user/work/',,out.,err.)
do I = 1 to out.0
  say out.i
end

For any large loop, I cite the control variable on the "end" to eliminate
confusion:
    x = bpxwunix('find /u/user/work/',,out.,err.)
    do I = 1 to out.0
      say out.i
      end I
That doesn't eliminate confusion at all. If you have a large loop and you don't understand your code then your code is crap. Any decent code editor will match blocks on key-press. ISPF doesn't meet that criteria!

At times I use an otherwise otiose control variable:
    do ThisLoop = 1 until1
        end ThisLoop

(I wish JCL would require that the name fields on IF, ELSE, and THEN match.)