"TSO/E Version 2 Procedures Language MVS/REXX, SC28-1883-1"

"Stop disingenuously picking on him." Is that so?

The "SYSCALL" in REXX is an ADDRESS SYSCALL under the covers - similar
to ADDRESS IPCS/MVS/TSO/ISREDIT or whatever other else. It is the
"ADDRESS" that belongs in REXX. "SYSCALL" is a CLIST
instruction/directive/function/command/call/enhancement/enterprise/whatever-else,
as per the example I gave of using it.

What matters is what SYSCALL does and how it does it - not what it is
called
(instruction/directive/function/command/call/enhancement/enterprise or
whatever-else waffle.)

Pardon me, but I am merely a retired systems programming consultant who
did not graduate to hifalutin systems poetry.

BTW The spelling "Rexx" applies to non-IBM versions (including Mike
Cowlishaw's.) In IBM's spelling, it is "REXX" (from "Restructed EXtended
eXecutor.")

HTH