On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 13:11:17 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> if someone were able to do an RFE with a compelling business case to allow
> embedded spaces within all quoted text.

Why should that be hard?  It's simply a matter of *not* treating <SP> as an
exception.

>    ... It would also be nice if they could justify allowing quotes as an
> alternative framing character to apostrophes.

Or, as XEDIT and "sed" do, allowing the command itself to imply the framing
character
from a very large set such as all special characters.

>I like the suggestion of having SDSF support (name) in the REXX API.

The hard part would be selecting a lead-in that doesn't otherwise exist
in SDSF commands.

It restricts the choice of scripting language to one that supports IRXEXCOM.
It may be reasonably easy.  In CMS I once wrote glue code to interface
SQL/DS to Mainsail's scriptable debugger.

--
gil