From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2022 2:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How do I issue a command with a blank in it?

On Fri, 8 Jul 2022 17:23:53 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>I had assumed that START would accept spaces as long as they are framed in
>apostrophes, but the OS/360 documentation only mentions parentheses. I've
>submitted an RCF, citing REPLY and SEND as commands that definitely accept
>embedded spaces.

If RCF doesn't provide an effective resolution (i.e. *not* "You can't do
that!"), the next
step is an RFE on Operator Commands.

No avail to the command line user, but the SDSF Rexx API should provide a scheme
akin to SYSCALL's "(variable_name)"  (you corrected me on that lately) to use
IRXEXCOM to access an arbitrary string not subject to parsing by Rexx.

--
gil