There is nothing special about getmsg; the time parameter can be any expression
that evaluates to a positive number.

Note: specifying the CART in hexadecimal is certainly valid, but it makes the
code harder to read.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Nobuhiko Furuya <furu...@v-sol.co.jp>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 9:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: How to set time parameter in TSO/E REXX getmsg function

Hi all,

Can we set variable time parameter in TSO/E REXX getmsg function ?
We would like to specify wait time value from argue.
But getmsg seems to accept only specific numeric seconds as follows.

msgrett = getmsg(’dmsg’,’sol’,’C1D7D7D3F2F9F6F8’X,,60)

time
the amount of time, in seconds, that GETMSG should wait, if the requested
message has not yet been routed to the user's console. If you specify a time
value and the time expires before the message is routed to the user's
console, GETMSG does not retrieve the message. Otherwise, if the message
is available before the time expires, GETMSG retrieves the message.
If you do not specify time, GETMSG uses a time value of 0 seconds. If the
message has not been routed to the user's console, GETMSG does not
retrieve the message.

Best regarss,

Nobuhiko Furuya(古谷信彦)
V-SOL Inc.