After some other posts in this thread, I would like to let you know
that I am very happy to work with IBM and IBM's systems after all
these years, and in my opinion they are now very mature and stable,
and we don't have much trouble with them.

I also believe that IBM's attitude to customers has changed,
starting from the early or mid 90s.

In the last 20 years there was only one episode where it took me
four weeks to convince IBM that the error is in their code and not
in ours. This was a real hard problem, a race condition between two
parallel running subtasks, which occurred only on our machine, but
not in the IBM labour environment (we had the faster machine with
more CPUs). In the end, IBM accepted my analysis and my change
suggestion to their program, which fixed the error. In my opinion,
this is a kind of exception, especially because IBM could not
reproduce the error on their machines. But in all other cases,
IBM support was extremely helpful.

Strange political decisions from the management layer is a problem
that can be seen in every large organization. The "operating" layer
need to find ways how to cope with this.

Kind regards

Bernd