>> I usually keep my bigoted mouth shut in threads like this, but guys, why
>> DFSORT?  That's great for the simple stuff, but REXX is so much easier and
>> you don't have to sweat over more and more and yet more inventive solutions.

Bob,

Rexx is a handy tool, but it performs poorly against huge volumes of data.
Moreover you need to have the Data SORTED before you can calculate the deltas
and you need to invoke SORT or have a separate step to sort the data, as you
cannot load the entire file into a stem.

If you are sorting the data using SORT, why not calculate the delta there
itself?

Thanks,
Kolusu