I don't know of any material that supports your goal, but I definitely
agree with you that it's a good idea.  In particular, starting with
relative branches and immediate instructions will make them better
programmers from the start.

As for reentrancy, I might start with a macro set that provides
prolog/epilog code (e.g. LE has these).  At the beginning, treat them as
black boxes, but explain what they do and how they work later on.  You can
(probably must) expand on linkage conventions at some length.  But starting
with the "rule" that you shouldn't modify your program, even though you
*can* shouldn't be a huge additional burden.

Of course, you didn't say you wanted advice on creating your own.  Good
luck.

sas