-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Farley, Peter x23353
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 15:29

My experience was the opposite of yours over a few more years (50).  I learned
assembler early via OJT at one of my first permanent jobs, and got to use it
more and more as I moved to other employers.  Knowing assembler got me in the
door at more than one of those employers.

It was the FORTRAN I learned in engineering college that I never used anywhere
else.