RESOLVED (for now)

I did some brute force changes via the z/OSMF dialog to test combinations of
routecde ALL or NONE and mscope LOCAL or ALL.
Routecde ALL and Mscope LOCAL has resolved the health checker issues.

Note to others:   Do NOT use the checkbox in the dialog for 'Use Recommended
Values'    These set mscope to ALL and gives the health checker some heartburn.
The SAMPLIB set up does say mscope(<sysname>) in the OPERPARM sample.
Locally, we have never used the OPERPARM keyword to define or modify the
console userids.

I am assuming that the OPERPARM values currently on the userids were generated
because we gave those id's permission to the CONOPER facility.  An earlier
iteration of z/OSMF would have used its default recommended value of ALL and
ALL.. not ALL and LOCAL.

All in all, all's well that ends well.  ----- as long as you do not take the
'recommended' values from z/OSMF.