I am agreeing with Brian on some of his points.   I am viewing this issue with
20+ years of hindsight.

What I see is that z/OSMF development is following the same path as all of the
other 'lets get modern' projects.   You pick the pretty GUI you like and start
applying that toolset against a currently working 'solved' problem.   Promising
modernization according to latest hot topics in code development.
Buzzwords come and go, languages come and go, software development kits come
and go ad infinitum.

What tends to be forgotten are all the time and effort spent on building the
solution to the old solved problem.   I can remember many discussions here and
elsewhere about ServerPac changes and difficulties that could benefit by more
development changes.

Who remembers all the IBM and OEM 'assistance' products created to buffer us
poor feeble support teams from the evils of SMP or SMP/E.

z/OSMF is just the latest way to 'dumb down' the complexities for the masses.
 But then reality steps in.   Somebody, Somewhere HAS to know what has to
happen when the rubber meets the road.   And navigating from the GUI through
the stack of products to get to the Road is a long and twisted path.

IF (a big IF) you think the same way the GUI developer thinks, then life can
get smoother.  Any attempt to repeat the processes that were repeatable and
have worked before will meet resistance.

With the removal of old options like ServerPac and being forced to the new
paradigm  of z/OSMF will eventually lead to a better z/OSMF tool.  But lood for
years of development just like ServerPac needed to achieve its popularity.

[End of Rant ---- For Now]