I think that the developers of z/OSMF have either forgotten or didn't care that
after the installation, there will be far more customization which moves from
the "might want to do" column to the "must do" column.  Something as simple as
having a system that the size of the datasets fit when you first install only
means that later (when you need the extra space), that the simple process of
giving it some extra in advance, will become a failure which has to be resolved
later.

Making it "simple" to install but far harder to maintain is counter productive.
 Unless your only object is to install. :)

Someone who can't figure out how to make a dataset larger (or in the cast of
z/OSMF aren't allowed to), will find it infinitely more difficult later when
SYS1.NUCLEUS goes into extents and they can no longer IPL.  Or when they try to
install maintenance and they run out of space in libraries on the RES volume,
or when they try to do a accept and find that they have many of their DLIB
datasets already in 16 extents.

I don't see how z/OSMF is making things all that much "easier" by disallowing
them.

Brian