According to the z/os unix system services command guide:

"An executable file copied from the file system into an MVS data set is not
executable under MVS. Some required directory information is lost during
the copy. See z/OS UNIX System Services User's Guide
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.bpxa400/abstract.htm>
 for a discussion of copying executable files."

Joe