Thanks to all.
I have tested the Windows version SCRT 28 and since that works I do have a
work-around. May stick with it

I did try "cp -X ..." while it copied OK, would not execute.

Charles Mills: I might play with the zOS unix version....

I have requested the SMPE Java 8, seems you have to go thru your IBM Rep.
I could not find it in ShopZ

Charles Mills: The binder did return RC=00 with info msg in the sysout.
IEW2278I B352 INVOCATION PARAMETERS - LIST,REUS,RENT,NCAL,LET,MAP

IEW2322I 1220  1    INCLUDE INLIB
IEW2322I 1220  2    NAME JVMLDM86(R)
IEW2650I 5102 MODULE ENTRY NOT PROVIDED.  ENTRY DEFAULTS TO SECTION
CELQSTRT.
I used "IEBEyeBall" on the zFS loadmod and found CEESTART but the link
failed using that.  Confess I have little experience with the Binder.