Yeah, I've been just as confused as anyone.  It doesn't make much sense to
have an entirely new compiler ("Open XL C/C++") with a name so subtly
different from the old one ("XL C/C++").  It's typical of IBM to add &
remove fashionable buzzwords to/from product names with no significance.
So this is definitely causing a lot of confusion.

And if the salient feature of XL C/C++ 3.4.1 is that it drops support for
running on MVS, then that's just nuts.  It would seem to imply there is
*no* future for MVS C/C++, and it sure seems like a major change that
deserves more than a minor mod-level update.

And maybe I'm still confused.

sas