All of those tools have already been ported and are either open source or
commercially supported by Rocket. FWIW, I’ve been using a termino data base
that supports xterm-256color for maybe a decade. It’s simple just by
downloading the directory from Linux. IBM have made it easier with their
ncurses port https://github.com/ZOSOpenTools/ncursesport.