Current versions of, e.g., bash, go, ooRexx, perl, python, ruby, rust, x11.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Farley, Peter [0000031df298a9da-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 12:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: XLC version? [was: RE: XLC - Weak symbols]

"Install bash" is not a possibility in some shops.  IBM needs to make bash
available (and supported) in ALL delivered/updated z/OS systems, as a standard
part of z/OS, so that there is no choice in the matter.  Ditto for all the
other necessary GNU utilities of course.

Again, just my USD$0.02.

Peter