For those who have not been following this discussion, IBM is on track to
remove the RCF process as we have known it for forty or so years. Customers and
ISVs will be limited to a Web pop-up “Was this helpful?” and if you answer No,
you will be able to briefly justify that answer. There is also apparently now
no path whatsoever for a customer to open a requirement against IBM
documentation.

We need a way to provide formatted suggestions for improvements, clarifications
or corrections to IBM manuals.

If you would like that, then wishing and hoping and grumping will not make it
happen. Here is what might make it happen:

- You could start by replying with a simple +1 to this post. The IBM powers
that be do not participate in this forum, but there is strong evidence that
what happens here sometimes percolates in that direction.
- You could vote for Peter Farley’s RFE. Find it here:
https://ibm-z-hardware-and-operating-systems.ideas.ibm.com/ideas/ZOS-I-3691
(apologies for any fold).
- If you have an IBM rep at your shop, you could let him or her know. If you
simply know an IBMer you could tell him or her nicely.
- If you have contacts who are responsible at your shop for other products such
as the languages, Db2, CICS, MQ and so forth, you could try to get them to
chime in. Apparently one of the pushbacks from the documentation team is “IBM
has 1200 products and our process works fine for all of them – what’s wrong
with you z/OS people?”

Thank you.
Charles