From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Steve Thompson [ste...@wkyr.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 9:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Q: Transient SVC ?

Sorry, but I have to ask this: What do you mean by a transient SVC?

In days gone by, I remember that SVCs had to have specific names,
so the last char of the SVC could be a "non" printable name (hazy
memories of this from having to fix/patch an SVC).

I know that DOS, DOS/V* had transients that we (DOS to MVS
migration teams), in some cases had to turn into an SVC for use
in MVS.

Just trying to remember how some of this stuff used to work/be done.

Steve Thompson