From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Andrew Rowley
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 5:34 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: z/OSMF

On 27/06/2023 5:40 pm, Gibney, Dave wrote:
> 200 MSU was much more than we needed. Maybe 20 or so at our peaks. And the
> z/OS and ISV charges at 200 levels would have been intolerable.

That's why I keep qualifying it with ISVs would have to adjust their pricing.
While the smallest system is 13 MSU they have no reason to do that, but if the
smallest available system was 200 MSU I think they would be forced to adjust.

If you are using 100% of a 20 MSU system, z/OS is just an expensive system that
can't do much more than run the stuff still around from the 90s.

If you are using 20 MSU of a 200 MSU system, it's an expensive system hugely
underutilized, and maybe people start asking what work can be moved there, how
to make better use of the data it contains etc?

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.