Your not keeping your MVS and VM in synch; 3E1 should be a 3215 on both or a
3270 on both.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Phil Smith III <li...@akphs.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2023 5:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Ignorant z/OS question

Norman wrote:
>I'd have to try it.  3215s have been gone for decades.
>I used an attached or dialed 3270 for MVS.  For the guest,
>you probably have a Cons defined as 009 or 01F, as 3215.

Right, at 3E1, which is also in CONSOL00:
CONSOLE   DEVNUM(3E1) ROUTCODE(ALL)
      UNIT(3277-2)
      AUTH(MASTER)
      DEL(RD)
      RNUM(19)
      RTME(1)
      MFORM(J,T)
      SEG(19)
      AREA(NONE)
      NAME(S0W103E1)

And on VM:
CONS 03E1 DISCONNECTED    TERM START
     03E1 CL T NOCONT NOHOLD COPY 001    READY FORM STANDARD
     03E1 TO MAINT    RDR DIST ETPGZ1D   FLASHC 000 DEST OFF
     03E1 FLASH       CHAR       MDFY       0 FCB       LPP OFF
     03E1 3215   NOEOF OPEN 0029 NOKEEP NOMSG NONAME
     03E1 SUBCHANNEL = 0000

Not sure if this is useful info, but it might be...