No one's going to like this answer, but for mainframe file transfers I do just
fine with plain Windows-included FTP.  Granted I use it mostly for transferring
code - data only occasionally and that over VPN.

For ordinary purposes I use MyFTP.txt to hold the commands; it's easy to modify
and to store temporarily unneeded GETs and PUTs below the QUIT command, like
this:

  put talias.rexmvs CLIST(ALIAS)
  get GEN.JCL(TALIAS) "..\otherfolder\TALIAS.txt"
  quit

  get spufi.out Auths DBAG.txt

If I need to handle a lot of files, I can always generate a long set of GET or
PUT commands programmatically.

I execute using a .bat file that assumes the target IP and my user ID, asks for
my password, creates a full -s command file, then deletes it all after the
session so my password doesn't stay out there:

@echo off
set myaid=<user ID>
set mycmd=MyFTP.txt
set mytmp=MyFTP1.txt
echo open nnn.nn.nnn.nn>%mytmp%
echo %myaid%>>%mytmp%

set /p MyPsw=Enter password for %myaid%:
echo %mypsw%>>%mytmp%
set mypsw=

type %mycmd%>>%mytmp%
echo quit>>%mytmp%
ftp -s:%mytmp%
del %mytmp%
set myaid=
set mycmd=
set mytmp=
pause

---

/* Never do today what you can do tomorrow. Something may occur to make you
regret your premature action.  -Aaron Burr */