See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdahl_Corporation#Fujitsu_GS21 - Fujitsu
machines are 31-bit, based on the technology they got when they bought Amdahl.
I also STR that Fujitsu builds some of IBM's stuff, which doesn't mean anything
much but is sorta interesting, maybe.

If you google "fujitsu osiv" you'll find a lot more than you likely want to
know.

ObAnecdote: back in the day (mid-80s) we had a plug-compatible mainframe, a
Formation 4000, on which we ran our small (~30-person) software company, VM
Systems Group, including sales support systems, development, and, well, just
about everything; I think when I started there was maybe one PC in the office.

Our Formation was the high-end, an (approximately) 0.25MIPS attached processor
machine with a whopping 4MB! It was.not fast. And had occasional fun problems,
like the time that a previously unnoticed poor solder on a board somehow
decided to matter after an IML (perhaps because the IML was most likely caused
after the room was shut down because the A/C failed and it had gotten very
hot-so maybe the solder joint flowed a bit?) and the 64K memory chips were
misdetected as 16K chips. The machine was kind of unhappy that it couldn't find
the other 3MB.

We replaced that box with one of the first 9370s, upgrading to 0.5MIPS (though
uniprocessor) and 16MB. Now that was livin' large!