I have been using ISPF workplace extensively for years now but, for some
reason, I cannot convince anyone else to use it.
It is very useful when you have to work with different systems that use
different conventions for the same type of files, like SMF, SMPE, DCOLLECT
reports, SYSLOG, to name a few. You can create lists with the same name on
each system so you will not have to remember which is the dataset name on
that particular system.
It is a very useful feature, for a few of us at least.
Best wishes
Jack