-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Wayne Bickerdike
Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2023 23:37

At Australian Defence we heavily used GROUP SPECIAL. That relieved sysprogs
from daily BAU tasks such as password resets or resume for IDs where people
were inactive due to vacations or active service.

Other shops I've worked at had a dumbed down RACF administrative function.
That often proved to be a bottleneck for new hires getting the profiles right
for their workload, that's why role based models work well if they are designed
correctly for incumbents.