On 6/09/2023 7:52 pm, Martin Packer wrote:
I really hope you’re not advising customers to run the zIIP pool at 100%. Key
functions such as Db2 DBM1 Deferred Write and Prefetch, as well as Db2 Log
Writes, depend on very good access to zIIP.

I'm not advising customers, I'm just saying that workloads like Java in particular can and will easily drive zIIP to 100%. I would have expected that WLM would be able to manage dispatching priorities to avoid impacting DB2. That might require e.g. the Java work running in a discretionary service class.

Is that not the case?

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software