Is there a way to get SMP/E to validate the existence of a USS path on a DDEF?
Thanks to y'all's help, I have externalized the USS path we use to a variable.
However, if the directory doesn't exist, the user can get pretty far (to the
RECEIVE step) before that's recognized. I've looked at the SMP/E doc but didn't
find anything.

I realize I can do this with BPXBATCH:
//TESTDIR  EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,PARM='SH test -d &USSPATH'

Or with IDCAMS:
//TESTDIR  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS,PARM='GRAPHICS(CHAIN(SN))'
//SYSIN    DD *,SYMBOLS=(JCLONLY,JESJCL)
ALLOCATE   DDNAME(VSHZFS1) PATH('&USSPATH')

But this seems like something SMP/E might reasonably also do "natively". Can it?