My apologies if I have misunderstood this discussion of AMODE and RMODE.

It looks like some people are confusing the two concepts.  Years ago I was
responsible for the initial use of GOFF in HLASM and had to add in the support
for the various new AMODE and RMODE values, so I have some understanding of
this

AMODE is just the addressing mode of that entry point and RMODE is where in the
addressing range the code is resident.  There is some interaction between them
- for example, RMODE 64 will require AMODE 64.
On the other hand, RMODE 24 will happily accept any AMODE.

And the binder has support to create  program objects with two code sections in
different RMODEs  -  take a look at RMODE(SPLIT) and RMODEX.
If your code sections are RMODE24 and RMODE31, you should also take a look at
the binder HOBSET option - this will set the high order bit of each V-type
address according to the AMODE of the called entry point.  This then makes it
easy to switch to and from different sections using BASSM and BSM

Kind regards
John Dravnieks