On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 21:54:48 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aol.com> wrote:

>Long ago, I had a similar question about AMODE.
> Alas, AMODE applied to an entire CSECT, not to individual ENTRY points.

It sounds like you don't understand AMODE. I don't think that AMODE 24 in
assembler does anything more useful than tell the binder the program must be
linked AMODE 24 (not 31/64). Mixed AMODE load modules is a bad thing and very
rarely needed. IBM specifically excludes load module attributes for ALIAS names
because it is more complex and requires extra coding. Why should IBM encourage
people to write AMODE 24 code when the goal is to eliminate it as much as
possible?