I have seen some Model9 implementations during security assessments.
Usually the S3 backup is taken to their on perm server that stores the data
on a DS8xxx (or compatible) and mirrors that elsewhere using standard
DS*xxx mirroring. So restore can be at the regular disk speed on site or on
backup site.

ITschak

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *