On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:43:40 +0000, Billy Ashton wrote:
>    ..
>Is there any way to do this without caring about the catalog RECFM?
>Obviously, the easiest way is through some JCL parameter that says
>"force as PS" but I doubt that is likely. I can't go into more detail at
>present, sorry!

JCL overriding to DSORG=PS does some of what yow want, but probably
not all.  I have used that to read the directory of a PDS as a PS file.
It's documented as working alike for PDSE, but I suspect it's simulated.

You omitted UNIX files.  On a non-z UNIIX system I have used "df" to find
the character special file underlying a mouht  and copied that to a *.iso which
I could mount as type=loopback.  Would that work with zFS?  for DSFS?

Where's the User's Guide for DSFS?

--
gil