On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 18:06:24 +0100, Radoslaw Skorupka  wrote:

>I can imagine technical reason to not encrypt such libraries.
>However encryption is a kind of data protection. Data. Not programs.

But some load modules/program objects aren't really files.  As Ifond
out to my dismay as a novice when I tried to use IEBGENER to copy
a load module to a different PDS.

But UNIX program objects are "really files".  "cp -p" works on then.

But content Supervision relies heavily on the elaborate format.  Part
of the reason that UNIX directories don't work in STEPLIB
concatenation.  (Idea?)

What about Format preserving encryption?

Should the directory be encrypted likewise?

What about driver-level encryption of virtual DASD?

Unload it and encrypt the archive?

What authority should be needed to use an encrypted program?

--
gil