From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Leonard D Woren
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2024 9:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Technical Reason? - Why you can't encrypt load
libraries (PDSE format)?

OK.  So we've established that the key is set via software.

Software can be hacked.

And now there's only a single spit of data to focus all the effort on.  Years
ago at a SHARE presentation, I caught an IBMer after the session and they
admitted that I was correct.

/Leonard

P.S.  Someone has to know all the security officers in order to contact them
when necessary to input the keys.