see below the relevant STIG (V8r11)- TSS0-ES-000100:

IBM z/OS for PKI-based authentication must use ICSF or the ESM to store
keys.

Any keys or Certificates must be managed in ICSF or the external security
manager and not in UNIX files.

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *