> Files in Unix are pretty unsecure.   ...

That's the popular wisdom.
I could argue that the evidence is circumstantial, even coincidental. (Bad rap because of bad practice by OTHER PEOPLE.)

But I'll back down.
What Itschak said about USS/Unix being unfamiliar to mainframe security teams is reality. Unix and USS matter when you're in a multi-platform environment (where I live). If you stay in MVS then you're better off with SAF and ICSF.

-- R; <><