On 16/03/2024 11:17 am, David Crayford wrote:
IBM and ISVs are working on Python APIs for products right now. And they will
be better than the REXX versions.

Why Python? I know it's the latest hot language, but what advantages does it have over e.g. Java (well established on z/OS)?

I have looked into it a few times, but get as far as "significant indentation" and "no variable declarations" and decide it's not something I want to use. Is it a sign of weakness to ask the compiler to help me avoid bugs?

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software