SMF logging of data for management information? I never did much with SMF,
but I can't see why not.

I did briefly consider being able to parse existing mapping macros, but
that's bound to be a bigger job than it seems, especially now I'm a bit
rusty and only have Hercules to play with.

Structures (maybe 'map' because 'str' is already short for the most basic
type of 'string'). And pointers to them, yes. Wouldn't be without them :-)

I'll probably be old and slow, or losing my concentration, before it's even
half finished. Still, it keeps me out of mischief when I'm not at work or
converting the van for mobile glamping  :-)

Roops