From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jousma, David
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2024 11:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Anyone exploiting ZEDC?

Is anyone exploiting ZEDC data compression accelerator in your environments?
We recently licensed the enablement and are working through the issues in
our DEV environment.

We initially enabled Extended Format/COMPACT ZP, for all DSORG PS datasets,
but are quickly finding that DFSORT, SAS, ISPF recovery datasets all have
issues.   We've turned back off for now.

There is no central location in any IBM doc(including recent REDBOOKS) that
discusses where we can and cannot leverage ZEDC.   As it stands now, we had
to back out, and looking at taking a new approach in our ACS routines
checking for DSORG=PS, and then if not temp-dataset, or tape assign a DC
with the right options.

What I am wondering is if anyone is further along that can share how they
rolled out?   I really don't want to have to make the applications teams
have to "opt-in" by coding a DC in their JCL or other dataset allocations.

Dave Jousma
Vice President | Director, Technology Engineering

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may
be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If
you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it
in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender
that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your
computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN