On 17/04/2024 7:52 am, Michael Oujesky wrote:

My  current recommendation is to remove internal compression from CICS CMF (110/112) and DB2 (100-102) records, Zedc compress the SMF logstreams, then compress the logstream offloads via SMS zEDC compression.

Have you compared compressed size of zEDC with/without the CICS compression? I have limited samples, but it looks like zEDC might compress data better if it has been already been compressed by CICS. Of course, there is the CPU time to consider.

I think I/O can also be much faster for zEDC compressed data.

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software