From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Marchant
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2024 12:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: EBCDIC/ASCII - FTP

"This" is the link that Gil provided in the email that I replied to, at the
bottom of the post. The assertion was that IBM erred in not making the
System/360 ASCII only.

The availability of multiple EBCDIC code pages seems to me to make Beemer's
assertion that there is a 1 to 1 correspondence between ASCII and EBCDIC even
more dubious.