Yes, David makes a good point.
And from a non-sysadmin user perspective that *should* be the case.

I've encountered too many IBM Unix environments where "installed" did not automatically render the package usable as a command. (That is, executables found via un-augmented $PATH.) There's a lot to like about their/usr/lpp scheme. (Chicory uses similar trickery.) But someone's got to either modify/etc/profile (not recommended) or sym-link the commands under/usr/bin (not recommended) or under/usr/local/bin (prolly best).

On VM/CMS, *all* add-on produces get their own minidisk which must be linked and accessed before the thing can be used. One wonders if IBM simply decided that's how things should be: It's there if you need it (after "install"), but we won't make it usable by default.
Just observing. Not complaining.

Here's another point which is easily missed: versioning.
The Python community made versioning a bigger deal when they deprecated Python 2 a couple years ago. Too many existing scripts depend on Python 2, but Python 3 is the future. Thankfully it's usually invoked as 'python3', but did you mean Python 3.12 or 3.11 when you entered that? Off the top of my head, I don't remember how to differentiate under /usr/lpp, but with Chicory it's /usr/opt/python-3.12/bin versus /usr/opt/python-3.11/bin. Works.