On Fri, 5 Jul 2024, at 14:47, Farley, Peter wrote:

> Am I the only one who runs and experiments with Linux systems (and even
> WSL) at home for my own education?  Where is the curiosity that drives
> us all to better our knowledge and experience?

Dunno, but I joined this list (or probably the newsgroup) in - I think - the
1990s using my home PC (which ran RISC OS) - when even if internet
access was allowed from our desks at work, we wouldn't have been
encouraged to "waste" time that way -- it was hard enough to "justify"
in-depth reading of manuals....

Back then I wasn't aware of any colleagues doing the same (unless they
posted under pseudonyms).

As I've not worked since early 2000, I'm still here (and on other lists for
OSes & software I don't run) mainly out of curiosity, intellectual interest
and nostalgia.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.